NCAN provides member organizations with professional development, networking, benchmarking, tools, and news from the field so they can deliver postsecondary access and success services more effectively and to more students.
By joining NCAN, organizations and individuals can enjoy numerous member benefits, including:
- Regularly scheduled webinars feature important updates and highlight best practices from experienced NCAN members. Members may propose their own periodic webinars co-sponsored by NCAN. Past topics include:
- FAFSA & Federal Program Updates
- Free College and Career Planning with ACT Profile
- Student Information System Review: College Forward’s CoPilot
- Khan Academy: What’s it all about and how can I use it to help my students?
- Discounted pricing and group pricing at NCAN's national conference and regional events makes professional development more affordable. More than 1,000 individuals participate in the national conference.
- Free access to on-demand professional development on popular topics through NCAN's new e-learning platform, Fundamentals for College Access & Success Professionals (up to 100 employees per member organization).
- Our Advisory Task Force allows for both members and nonmembers to engage with NCAN as we seek input to strengthen our membership services. The task force also helps us foster partnerships and connections across the postsecondary pipeline from a range of individuals and programs engaged in college access and success work.
Communication and Education
- Success Digest, a members-only weekly email, distills the week's most important news for you into a quick five-minute read. It's perfect to keep staff and board members up to date in this world of overflowing inboxes. Make sure to send us your current staff list so everyone in your organizations receives this valuable resource!
- Our blog features NCAN staff sharing their perspective on current college access and success "hot topics."
- NCAN publications support network growth and development.
- Practitioner tools: Members learn from our online content supporting FAFSA Completion, Policy & Advocacy, and more.
- NCAN's Benchmarking Project: Member organizations can participate in NCAN's Benchmarking Project and help to demonstrate the impact that college access and success organizations have on students' enrollment and completion outcomes.
- NCAN speaks out in Washington, D.C. for low-income students for policies to protect and improve financial aid, promote public-private partnerships for college access and success, and increase information available to students about their postsecondary choices.
- We keep members informed about opportunities to educate their Congressional representatives on these vital policy issues and provide an action center to help members with their advocacy efforts.
- Members can participate in NCAN's Rapid Response Policy Team or use information for local advocacy purposes.
- NCAN has teamed with Degrees of Change and their FoYoSt College Enrollment Visualizer to offer a discount to first-time users. FoYoSt allows users to upload their National Student Clearinghouse StudentTracker detail file to be converted into student- and program-level dashboards. Programs can use this visualizer to sort through their students’ postsecondary outcomes both individually and in the aggregate, making analysis quicker and easier. First-time FoYoSt users will receive an 18-month subscription for $500. This represents a savings of $250 compared to the usual 12-month subscription!
- The enterprise text messaging platform Signal Vine waives the one-time setup fees for NCAN members that sign a one-year contract (for a savings of $4,500 to $6,000). NCAN members have participated in a summer melt texting campaign with Signal Vine for several years. To learn more or see a demonstration of the platform, please contact Signal Vine at email@example.com.
- New! As an NCAN member you can post your organization’s job openings on NCAN’s Career Board for free. By posting through the Career Board, you'll reach a broader audience of potential candidates in the college access and success field. You will also have the ability to manage the posting, including reposting after the initial application deadline expires.
Recognition and Connection
- Members get preference for competitive national conference workshop session proposals.
- NCAN shares member news, events, job postings, and hiring announcements in our electronic communications.
- NCAN regularly connects its members with journalists, researchers, funders, policymakers, and one another. These connections provide members the opportunity to share their work and expertise on statewide, regional, and national levels.
- Members are eligible to receive NCAN's annual Awards of Excellence.
- Members can receive a "Member of" logo to display online or print. (Current NCAN members interested in obtaining this logo can email Kelly Mae Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Member Twitter handles are included on the NCAN Members list.